Excursion: "Havana Architecture Tour"
Type Excursion: HALF DAY TOUR
Exc. Time: 3 Hrs
Departure: Monday â€“ Sunday
Time Departure: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, Sunday 9:00 AM
A specialized tour that allows a full appreciation of the eclecticism of the city and the adaptation of the different architectural styles to the Cuban conditions.
- Visit to the Scale Model of the City for an explanation on the urban development of the city.
- Tour of Miramar: an exclusive and residential neighborhood built from the 30â€™s through the 50â€™s.
- Tour of Vedado, an example of the modern city planning (beginning of the 20th century). It includes an approach to emblematic constructions such as the LÃ³pez Serrano and FOCSA buildings (Art Deco and Modernism) and the visit to the Hotel Nacional de Cuba (eclecticism). Tour of the Havana seafront promenade.
- Panoramic Tour of Rampa (examples of the heroic architecture: Coppelia Ice Cream Parlour and PabellÃ³n Cuba).
- Visit to the Casa de La Amistad, former residence of DoÃ±a Catalina Laza and evidence of the residential Art Deco from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Panoramic tour of the Presidents Avenue, Carlos III and Reina Streets (examples of the architectural transition from the colonial period to the republican time and to modernism).
- Tour of the Prado promenade and the Havana Port Avenue.
- Visit to El Templete, the founding site of San Cristobal de la Havana Village.
- Tour of Obispo Street
- Visit to the Melchor Gaspar de Jovellanos Workshop School.
- Approach to the main residential, public, religious and military buildings located in the Historical Centre: The Captain Generals Palace, the Castle of the Royal Force, the Havana Cathedral, the Stock Exchange, the St. Francis of Assis Basilica, etc.
Price per pax and minimum 2 pax.