Excursion: "Havana Architecture Tour"
Type Excursion: HALF DAY TOUR
Exc. Time: 3 Hrs
Departure: Monday – Sunday
Time Departure: 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM, Sunday 9:00 AM
A specialized tour that allows a full appreciation of the eclecticism of the city and the adaptation of the different architectural styles to the Cuban conditions.
- Visit to the Scale Model of the City for an explanation on the urban development of the city.
- Tour of Miramar: an exclusive and residential neighborhood built from the 30’s through the 50’s.
- Tour of Vedado, an example of the modern city planning (beginning of the 20th century). It includes an approach to emblematic constructions such as the López Serrano and FOCSA buildings (Art Deco and Modernism) and the visit to the Hotel Nacional de Cuba (eclecticism). Tour of the Havana seafront promenade.
- Panoramic Tour of Rampa (examples of the heroic architecture: Coppelia Ice Cream Parlour and Pabellón Cuba).
- Visit to the Casa de La Amistad, former residence of Doña Catalina Laza and evidence of the residential Art Deco from the beginning of the 20th century.
- Panoramic tour of the Presidents Avenue, Carlos III and Reina Streets (examples of the architectural transition from the colonial period to the republican time and to modernism).
- Tour of the Prado promenade and the Havana Port Avenue.
- Visit to El Templete, the founding site of San Cristobal de la Havana Village.
- Tour of Obispo Street
- Visit to the Melchor Gaspar de Jovellanos Workshop School.
- Approach to the main residential, public, religious and military buildings located in the Historical Centre: The Captain Generals Palace, the Castle of the Royal Force, the Havana Cathedral, the Stock Exchange, the St. Francis of Assis Basilica, etc.
Price per pax and minimum 2 pax.